[Konvas] Kragnagorsk 1/2 question

Brandon Esten bruinflight at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:46:02 EST 2018

A fresh can of 400' 35mm couldn't be the same price as what, a 200' can of 16mm? 200' 16mm runs ~5.5 min and the 400' 35mm runs ~4.5 at 24fps? Mmm, I seem to remember a factory fresh 400' can of V3 35mm ran about $350 a few years back. Now, if you're talking 2-perf 35mm... okay...

I see a lab in LA offering fresh 200' reels for $200 with processing included. A recan 400' of 35mm is going to run $200 without processing. Finding recans or whatever of 16 is dang near impossible, true. Then there is the scanning cost which will be a significantly higher range for 35. But this won't be an issue soon I hope ;-)

A beat up Arri SRII fully decked will run ya ~2k or 3k even in today's market (I nabbed a fully loaded A Minima PL for an absolute steal of a price coupla months back; but Aatons tend to run for a premium). But we're talking a spring movement 16mm... Low end range Bolex cams are going for ~300 with lenses. I found minty looking K1/2s go for about $100. Shipping will be a little more from Russia/Uk. Just curious how steady the image will be... For a beater, grab-and-go, fun for all ages, some assembly required batteries not included camera, the chrome edging and fashionable striped beauty plate on the front requires that I tie my sweater about my neck and wear a beret, smoke a cigarette in a long holder, and use flashy words like 'jazzy' and 'cat' and phrases akin to, "Where's my latte????" And I already SAY stuff like that and wear my sweater tied about my neck! (True story!) Now, I just need to build a bunch of post-drop-box-sized, hand-crank mobile 16mm viewers to station around LA so people can watch my low-tec youtube-style films. Mmm, no.

Anyhow, I will letcha know how bad it hurts when I end up in the ditch...

Brandon "watch out for that truck" Esten

Sent from my iPhone