- Created on Monday, 03 November 2008 20:00
- Last Updated on Friday, 14 December 2012 20:15
- Written by Patrick Steele
- Hits: 5522
Kinor 16CX-2M 16mm Motion Picture Camera
The 16mm Kinor 16CX-2M was developed in 1975 and used primarily for television and documentary production. Relatively quiet (about 40db) and producing a steady image (0.015mm registration variance), it is a prime candidate for those producing quality work on a limited budget.
- Motor: Electrical motor with system stabilization.
- Film frame: 7.42 x 10.05mm
- Film: 16mm film, with single or double perforation, long 100ft (30m) or 400ft (120m)
- Film cassetes: Metal quick change daylight load film magazines for 100ft (30m)and 400ft (120m) film
- Speed: 25fps crystal
- Viewing: reflex
- Single bladed mirror shutter with 170 degree angle
- Claw mechanism with one transport pic and one registration pin.
- Lens: Prime lenses: 6.5mm, 10mm, 150mm, 200mm
- Zoom lens: 12-120mm, 10-100mm
- Focusing: via focusing screen or distance marks on the lens.
- Viewfinder: Rotation, Reflex, 9.5 x, wih correction +/- 5D
- Sound recording: camera has electronic module for pilot-signal for sync sound recorder.
- Battery: 12V
- Maximum work time (continuously): 10 minutes.
- Ambient temperature: From -25 C up to 40 C
- Size with 10mm lens and 100ft cassette: 290 x 220 x 220mm
- Weight: 4.7 Kg.
kinor 16 photos courtesy Lael Camak
6.5mm lens photo submitted by Olexandr Kalynychenko
A completely updated 16CX by Ostcam
A nice and very complete Kinor package - Photo by Viktor Nikityuk
Please visit the FAQ for information on modifying the 16mm Kinor