[Konvas] How's your Fall been? Are you ready for Winter?

James Compton kingkahluaman9 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 16:40:22 CST 2019

Brandon,

  Keep the fires burnin'!! The struggle is real, yet so is analog film.

    On Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 1:20:02 PM EST, Brandon Esten via Cinema <cinema at konvas.org> wrote:

 Hey all!

Well for my part I am busily scanning footage in the Cintel, about 1/3 done. One factor holding me up is the necessity to selectively scan rather than scan a whole reel at a time. I just cannot afford 1000TB of storage! Also work keeps me away from the garage studio...

2020 will be the year T2S comes out (got a bunch of film fests applied to and theaters researched for screenings).

Got a 22mm fast anamorphic this year. Slept in airports for 8 months to save up the money. Shooting some 16mm on a Minima I got a couple of years ago for a super sweet deal.

Sent in an outstanding reel of cutaway shots for processing at CineLab last week. Forgot I had it!

2020 will also be the year I get a 16mm gate for the Cintel.

Anyone wanting scans lemme know: I have really gotten the hang of this scanner!

Met up with another Konvateer Vic Huey in 2019, and had lunch in NYC. I'd love to meet more of you all! Maybe Kelly Cross in 2020? Make it so, numbah one!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a hearty ol' Scrooge 'humbug'!
~peace
Brandon Esten

Sent from my Commodore Vic20