[Konvas] PL Mount for Illumina Lens

RIta Avery speedbird at acousticturtle.plus.com
Sat Jul 28 11:35:24 EDT 2018

Some adapters have a corrective lens built in to solve infinity focus  problems.

If you put on a PL mount over an Arri B mount then you still have to fix the PL mount at the exact position to avoid messing up your focus positions. The PL mount has tiny screws on the side which are screwed into the Arri B mount but first you have mount the PL onto the camera and then slide the lens in and manoeuvre the lens barrel in and out until you are happy with the focus. Mark the position on the Arri B with a black marker pen and withdraw. Place the PL mount on the lens inline with the pen markings and secure the screws to hold it but do not fully tighten yet. Mount on camera and test, when happy tighten the screws. Some people glue and screw to be sure. That’s a good idea as some of my PL lenses have come lose after a few years.

Takes half an hour to change over but be warned some PL mounts do not quite fit and need to be polished to make it fit otherwise they will be stiff and the screws lose their grip. Use the lens for a while before tightening those tine screw up.

RIta