[Konvas] BH 200

colcam at aim.com colcam at aim.com
Mon Jan 8 18:20:02 EST 2018

 The Eumig is better known as the "it worked yesterday" camera.  That was why they didn't sell that well.

In B&H 16mm you want a late Filmo, not a cartridge camera, and some were fitted for 400 ft mags, almost all of the later ones are able to take various electric motors, and they take c-mount lenses.

 I have seen very good Pentagon lenses, and I have seen some that were less than good image.

You cannot retrofit a tube type camera to digital.  The only part that would carry over would be the lens mount, and most of those had stranger than strange lenses.  I had a studio Canon 3, it was supposed to be c-mount, but you had to choose if you wanted the corners sharp or the center sharp, and when Canon got serious they created a new mount with lenses that were larger and worked well.

Look for Auricon and Frezzolini with Angenieux or Schneider lenses on them.  The Super 1200 with the big mags and a reflex lens by Angenieux can still be found at a reasonable price, and the small body "news and interview location cameras" work well, but you need to make sure you oil each of the red oil ports each time you use it.   It was made before sealed bearings were available, and that is the reason most of the Mitchell 16mm bodies have burned bearings, too.  Oil each time you use it, even if it is just to check it, oil it.

On the other hand, a little care and they last decades with no issues.