[Konvas] BH 200

RIta Avery speedbird at acousticturtle.plus.com
Mon Jan 8 12:43:06 EST 2018

If I can do it, anybody can.

This boys demonstration is going the long way round. You don’t need to take it apart. I’ve taken mine apart but only to lube it. Loading is very easy even in a bag. Do it a few times in the day light and then go for a take in the bag. I take mine from a 400ft roll. It can get a bit ‘busy’ in the bag especially when cutting and loading 50ft spools but the secret is keeping everything separated and do it on a table with your arms resting in the bag. I actually enjoy doing it, trouble is I always get an itchy nose or ear which can be troublesome.

One more thing. Take out the two tiny screws first before you put the cassettes in the bag. Then once loaded then put tape over the screw holes before taking out the mags otherwise light may get in. Screw the two screws back through the tape or leave the screws out and just use electrical tape instead.

I have fridge full of fresh loaded cassettes, some dating back to the 1950’s sealed in Kodak boxes. Not used these ones as there is no point in wasting money processing old film. My Taylor Hobson’s deliver very sharp images and cannot believe how rock steady they are all from a tin plate gate. BH must have put a lot of R&D into these fine cameras.

These cameras are a great addition to regular 16mm cameras.

Btw, grab yourself an Iconix video camera for future filming. Stunning sensor.

Size matters to me!

RIta