[Konvas] WAS Kragnagorsk NOW Eumig

Stanley Bullock obscureimages at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 10:48:04 EST 2018

No question that the XTR Prod is one of the best S16 cameras ever made. If I had to choose between that and a Highspeed SR3, I'm not sure which direction I'd go. For my needs, the SR2 works wonderfully. With my speed controller, I can shoot up to 75fps and it has video assist, which I don't really use but is nice to have if needed, I suppose. The lens I'm using most often with the camera is a Cooke 9-50 that was converted by Optex for S16 usage. It now has a PL mount and is 10.8 - 60mm, T3. Not super fast, but the images it produces are wonderful.

The compact nature of the A Minima is, of course, a remarkable feature. Throw a prime on there and you can shoot unobtrusively just about anywhere. I have an Eclair ACL 2, modified for S16, that, when coupled with a prime lens and a 200' magazine, is comparable in terms of form factor. I can use just about any lens on it too as I have every lens mount that was ever made for the ACL. Great little camera.

For all the discussions we used to have about video and film, Brandon, I sure have gone back to shooting tons of film, LOL. I'm even working on a project at present that'll be shot in black and white, ha! I couldn't keep up with the ever-evolving world of video and no longer desire to. If I need a Red or Amira or whatnot, I'll rent it. For me, ownership in today's camera world just isn't practical or feasible, so I've fully immersed myself back into the world of film. Most everything I do is a personal project anyway, so I've been having a lot of fun with Super 8 and 16mm.

A Bolex camera on an Erector set? Gotta give kudos for effort on that one, Colcam. :) I've always wanted to work with a Frezzolini, just for the sake of saying I've used one. That, and Mitchell cameras, too. Have never had the pleasure of using either. Maybe someday....