[Konvas] Kragnagorsk 1/2 question

Bruce Taylor taylorcobmw at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 5 11:39:10 EST 2018

I took a cinematography class at the local community college about a decade ago. They were still using 16mm film to teach, and the school had some Kragnagorsk 16mm cameras for students to use if they didn't have something else to use. It was unfortunate that they didn't have something better, many students were terribly frustrated with the loop problems and jamming. Someone who knows what they are doing would probably have better luck, but still, I never heard many good things about them and the optics were apparently not so great.
Bruce Taylor

      From: Michael Higgins via Cinema <cinema at konvas.org>
 Subject: Re: [Konvas] Kragnagorsk 1/2 question

Brandon,
I've shot successfully on the 16mm Krag. with TriX a few years back. Although I heard recently it does have tendency to jam easily if the loops are not the correct sizes.

Best,

Michael
http://mgmh.me