[Konvas] RedShark News - Shooting Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk in 65mm

Freya freya128 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 09:29:43 EDT 2017

heh heh! Long time no chat!
Just looking thorough my mail and stumbled across this.

I've actually wondered about how they make the IMAX cameras too, there aren't many of them in the world and it makes you wonder if they make all the parts from Scratch or if they take apart old mitchell cameras or somethng and use the parts.
Chistopher Nolan has a bad habit of doing crazy things with IMAX cameras and destroying them which is really weird as there are hardly any of them out there in the first place. I guess they must rebuild them and then he ends up getting to use a freshly rebuilt and serviced IMAX camera next time so it might be all part of his grand plan.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the article but there is a smaller IMAX camera called the IMAX LW (for light weight) but it is also completely huge and has even shorter running times so they probably didn't bother with it on Dunkirk.

Anyway Thanks so much for giving my article a shout out Rita! :)

Freya