[Konvas] BTW RITA

Speedbird@acousticturtle.plus.com speedbird at acousticturtle.plus.com
Mon Jan 30 06:44:40 EST 2017

PS,

I am looking for a CM3 Barney but still looking for a motor!  I found 2 in France but were rusty and really expensive.

Have a look at the 'Mary Rose' museum Portsmouth UK. It sank in the sixteenth century with 500 crew lost. It sank in the English Channel in a storm and laid in mud for 400 hundred years. The items on board included 300 bow's and arrow's, food in jars, jewellery, uniforms and ofcourse skeletons in perfect condition. But they also found hundreds of 'lead' plates and bowls all in perfect condition. You can see them online. They ate their food off lead bowls!!!

What they did find was surgeons tools, beautifully preserved. That fascinates me. They had the skills then to make camera's if only they knew about film emulsion. They could make lenses for telescopes and microscopes. Pity!

Rita

Sent from my iPad