[Konvas] for sound soft barney project

colcam at aim.com colcam at aim.com
Sun Jan 29 14:35:26 EST 2017

 Do a quick search for "lead poisoning" and reconsider use of lead.

Yes, it kills, and frequently, so it is on the verge of being restricted.

If you want to make a blimp or barney use cloth and a pillow filler material, just make a big pillow that covers the unit and extends below it, just the eyepiece and lens extend, and you can have a slit to slide your hand inside to run the controls.

If you want a hard blimp stretch plastic over the camera and use foam insulation to make a shell.  The plastic lets you do one side then the other with a divider between them to allow them to be removed and reinstalled.  Done right you cannot hear a Konvas at one meter.

Just please, lead is deadly, and has been linked to senior dementia as well as children and mental impairment.

And yes, I work with lead a lot, and we now use captured air filtration, breathing hoods, rubber gloves, and still monitor the air for lead levels.  The stuff KILLS.