[Konvas] Konvas-1?

Anders Banke anders at solidentertainment.se
Wed Dec 13 05:24:52 EST 2017

Hi

Yes, definitely a Konvas-1. I have a virtually identical camera sitting on
the shelf of my little "mini camera museum" (serial No. 62 007, so I call it
the "James Bond camera" :-) ). Stands to reason the Soviet Union would have
supplied their allies with the means of making propaganda.

/Andders

   1. Konvas-1? (Adam Frey)

I have been watching the Ken Burns documentary series ?The Vietnam War?.
Honestly, it?s a good series, on a (still) very touchy subject. But I caught
this shot and payed the TV, as this frame showed what I believe is the
Konvas-1 - the original Konvas. I believe it is the Konvas-1 due to the fat
front end, under the lens turret. But I may be wrong. Thoughts?

I know this is can still be a controversial topic, with Vietnam & Jane
Fonda, but I?m hoping we can focus on the camera behind all this, and
realize what a great news camera it was.