[Konvas] Konvas-1?

Adam Frey frey at freysbrewing.com
Tue Dec 12 20:30:59 EST 2017

I have been watching the Ken Burns documentary series “The Vietnam War”. Honestly, it’s a good series, on a (still) very touchy subject. But I caught this shot and payed the TV, as this frame showed what I believe is the Konvas-1 - the original Konvas. I believe it is the Konvas-1 due to the fat front end, under the lens turret. But I may be wrong. Thoughts?

I know this is can still be a controversial topic, with Vietnam & Jane Fonda, but I’m hoping we can focus on the camera behind all this, and realize what a great news camera it was.