[Konvas] To Brandon about OSTCAM in USA

Brandon Esten bruinflight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 13:50:21 EDT 2017

Yeah I picked up an OPF7A really cheap a while back and Olex has it with a few others he is servicing. It's time to go PL with everything, all the cool kids are doing it so I guess I better too.

It's nice to have onboard monitoring of sync. I bought a handheld Tobin sync meter about 10 years ago when I had the Konvas 1M and tested it. It wandered a lot; looking back now it was likely the result of old grease in the mechanism because the motor was the crystal one.

This Ostcam looks really light. It it holds sync it's probably great for steadicam work! You'd need to tap the VF though.

Send links of your zoom footage!

Sent from my iPhone