[Konvas] Mack Sennett studios

Bruce Taylor taylorcobmw at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 17:57:23 EST 2016

Yes, this is the place. I saw some nicely restored films from the studio, transferred at the correct speed and if not from the original negs then something fairly close. The quality was amazing. Nice exposure (from the roofless sets draped with muslin), contrast, unexpected sharpness and great story telling. I think I have become used to seeing bad transfers from bad prints to know just how good the images were in the teens.
When my kids were little they read about the Watson family that had worked in the neighborhood studios (9 kids plus mom and dad!). Coy Watson Jr started at the studios when he was 9 mos old, and wrote a book about his experiences. We had fun finding houses and buildings that were still in the neighborhood. I think they would have liked to have been around in those days. It was fun when they would get occasional work on TV and recordings, but they never wanted to be "in the business."
Bruce Taylor

This is very interesting. Is this the place where Keystone cops were made etc  Great to hear where these old films were made, so much history all just wiped away. They can build housing estates for the masses but do not create employment opportunities for the masses. Eventually its going to be dog eat dog as portrayed in Mad Max.
Rita