[Konvas] Cinema Digest, Vol 117, Issue 5

Adam Frey thefirstrule at chainsawlinux.com
Mon Jan 11 23:38:50 EST 2016

On Jan 11, 2016, at 12:10 PM, colcam at aim.com wrote:
> Because you do not have fixed pixels it delivers a better looking image than the HD formats if we shoot at 60 fps and then go to theatrical 2k 60p projection.

I do wonder how that translates through to compressed formats though? Intraframe (individual frame) compression is one thing, but many of the broadcasting type signals use interframe (using multiple frame) compression formats. Of course, this is more important to satellite dish and cable companies where they broadcast thru a limited data pipe...

Cheers,

Adam Frey
Frey's Brewing Company
8601 Mapleville Road