[Konvas] Cinema Digest, Vol 117, Issue 5

colcam at aim.com colcam at aim.com
Mon Jan 11 12:10:42 EST 2016

Right now the proprietary testing indicates the new super 8 negative stocks deliver about a 2.5k horizontal image versus the reversal stocks at about 2k horizontal.
1280x 720 progressive and 1920x1080 interlaced are HD broadcast standards now, so it is in the game, and it seems to deliver a clean transfer to 1920x1200 progressive as well as the smaller formats.

Because you do not have fixed pixels it delivers a better looking image than the HD formats if we shoot at 60 fps and then go to theatrical 2k 60p projection.

And I also only get part of the messages-- the system sputters.