[Konvas] New Kodak Super 8 movie camera

Adam Frey thefirstrule at chainsawlinux.com
Sat Jan 9 09:50:51 EST 2016

On Jan 8, 2016, at 3:00 PM, Earon Kavanagh wrote:
> might just be seeking the holy grail of cinematography.. after all there is a great century history that many may want to experience with film.

I don't think I'd ever consider Super8 to be a holy grail of cinematography haha

For what it's worth, Super8 is a fun little format. But it's not a pro level format. Unless you want a grundgy feel. It's still film, so it has that great spread between bright and dark that video doesn't (unless the masochist in you enjoys only having 7-stops of light to work with). Super8 doesn't have the resolution - and, from the looks of it and little bit I gleaned, it may be a pain in the butt to try and project in widescreen *with* audio (much like Super16).

Cheers,

Adam Frey
Frey's Brewing Company
8601 Mapleville Road