[Konvas] " THE THRILL OF REEL FILM"

Nicholas Kovats nkovats at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:14:22 EDT 2016

Pre-striped Super 8 film has not been actively manufactured in
decades. There are some cottage industry level post-stripe services
available in Germany I believe. Bit of a toxic mess I'd say. Andec
Filmtechnik in Germany offers post magnetic stripe services on both
acetate and polyester film, i.e.
http://www.andecfilm.de/assets/docs/pdfs/pr_2014_jan_Preise_seite_09.pdf

I much prefer Logmar's design whereby they embedded an internal 24 bit
digital recorder into their high end Super 8 camera. Mine has the
custom 5 pin stereo XLR connector. Their firmware will indicate
start/stops regarding the digital audio recorder. The Logmar camera
motor is crystal and accurate to 0.001 fps I believe. But it is not a
quiet camera.