[Konvas] NEXT Tarentino WESTERN

colcam at aim.com colcam at aim.com
Sun Nov 29 14:56:30 EST 2015

Part of my problem is that I lived through that "magic" era and worked on technical support for the supplimentary filming and tour stop release of several Cinerama Roadshows (a nightmare to shoot and show) and prep and technical work for shooting replacement footage for two of Super Panavison 70 features (spherical lenses, and sometimes the footage was too sharp!) and a week on a budget display scene for one Ultra Panavision 70 that was never completed.  I can look at two minutes of the format and see things most people cannot, and if you add OT's directorial work, it does not bode well.  The reason these lenses have not been used for such a long time is that better glass came along, not because they were too good, but because newer lenses were better, and when IMAX walked in they withered because of better image and projection.