[Konvas] photone ( your 2e file it's too large for the forum dont go over 200 )

Patrick O'Donnell odonnell.law at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:01:56 EST 2015

According to Tarantino, they cut it on an Avid.  I don't know if they went
back and cut the original negative, or if they filmed out from the DI.

I saw this at the AFI Theater in Silver Spring, MD.  I didn't notice any
burning out in the highlights, but perhaps I wasn't paying enough
attention.  The picture and sound were great.  As for the content, well, it
was a Tarantino film, so there weren't any surprises in that regard, but
even though most of the action takes place in one room, he made good use of
the frame.

I should also note that this was an 11AM showing and it appeared to be sold
out, or almost sold out, and the per showing haul around the country was
very high.  I think the notion of making the movie-doing experience an
event, with an overture, intermission, and program has paid off for the
Weinsteins, and I wonder if others will try to replicate this.