[Konvas] San Francisco - 1906 or 1910?

colcam at aim.com colcam at aim.com
Tue Dec 22 10:19:58 EST 2015

It was shot in December of 1906.

They put the BOUNCE in bounce back, but that is why some buildings seem boarded up but with people going in and out-- they fixed walls and doors, but there was no glass available.

The traffic was actually normal "before there were traffic signals or even a rule about dividing the road or about right of way and horses, pedestrians, and early cars all shared the road" behavior.   It would be years before the term jaywalking came into being, there were no stop signs, and that's why the roads were so wide-- everyone more or less did what they wanted to do.

The whole thing was proof that the city was alive, and it proved it to people there and everywhere.